Thursday, November 13, 2008

Abandoned or just unloved?

The other day I read that according to new released statistics less than 1% of the blogs tracked and analyzed by that site had been updated in the last 120 days. And because (1) I don't want my blog to be counted in those "abandoned or at least unloved blogs" and [more importantly] (2) I have the time now, here I am writing again.

Isn't it absurd that when I finally have the time to do those things I wanted to do the whole time when I was working, the prospect of doing them is not as attractive as when they are just a distraction? With this I'm not saying I'm not enjoying my "free time"...it's just that playing Tetris, folding Origami or blogging is just not as attractive now that I can spend all the time I want on them.

Does this mean these activities are really just meant to stay as hobbies or as procrastination activities and [more importantly] that I really NEED something relevant to work on and stress me out so that I can fully enjoy my distraction time?

The worst thing is maybe that I DO have things I have to do, other things for which time is always a good excuse NOT to do them like: cleaning the house, putting order to my thesis and exams documents, write some E-mails...etc etc etc. So maybe it is time to update my to-do lists to adapt to my new life as a "Master of Science but waiting to decide what to do in the future".

To conclude this I will create a new project and name it: Keep constant levels of love to my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this blog wants more love!!!